Portobello Burgers With Collard Greens & Guacamole
This is real fast food! And it's real too... Mushrooms are meaty, full of flavor and make the perfect 'bun'!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 portobello mushroom tops
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 huge collard leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
What to do
- Toss the mushroom tops in the Bragg's or tamari. Set in the dehydrator at 115 degrees (Fahrenheit) - or in your oven at its lowest temperature - for 30 minutes or until they soften and darken a little.
- To make the guacamole: mash the avocado flesh with the lime juice, salt, pepper and chili (if using). Adjust according to taste. Some garlic might be nice.
- Take a mushroom top and spread on some guacamole, then pile with greens and tomatoes. Drizzle in a little tahini if you like, then wrap up in a collard leaf!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!