This snack ticks all the nutritional boxes and it tastes delicious! Perfect as a mid-afternoon snack to help keep the energy levels up. The pumpkin gives it a little sweetness which event the fussiest eater will enjoy!
- 200 gram (7 oz) chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 cup diced pumpkin (roasted)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon grounded cumin
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain and cook with fresh water for 40-45 mins, until soft. Drain and cool.
- Roast pumpkin in moderate oven for 30 mins or until soft.
- Placed cooked chickpeas, roasted pumpkin and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add salt or more lemon juice to taste.
- serve with veggie sticks and crackers.