This snack ticks all the nutritional boxes and it tastes delicious! Perfect as a mid-afternoon snack to help keep the energy levels up. The pumpkin gives it a little sweetness which event the fussiest eater will enjoy!
- 200 gram (7 oz) chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 cup diced pumpkin (roasted)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon grounded cumin
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain and cook with fresh water for 40-45 mins, until soft. Drain and cool.
- Roast pumpkin in moderate oven for 30 mins or until soft.
- Placed cooked chickpeas, roasted pumpkin and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add salt or more lemon juice to taste.
- serve with veggie sticks and crackers.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!