This meal is super easy to make and it tastes delicious! It is also so healthy and filling. When you prep the veggies in advance, it only takes a few minutes to prepare! So much health in a bowl: Fiber, healthy fats, protein, and whole grains! This recipe is also gluten free, vegan, and low fod-map friendly!
Tip: Cook a big batch of roasted veggies and have other veggies ready to steam for easy veggie bowls throughout the week!
Rainbow Rice Bowl (1 bowl serving):
• 1 cup of organic brown rice cooked
• 1/2 of an organic avocado
• 1/2 cup of organic corn
• 3/4 cup of organic baby kale steamed (it shrinks when steamed!)
• 1 cup of roasted veggies
• Desired amount of pesto dressing
- Prepare brown rice on the stove following directions on the container.
- Steam 3 cups of fresh kale and corn, and slice the avocado.
- Add roasted veggies and finish with pesto dressing. (Recipes for pesto and veggies are below)
• 2 organic bell peppers (I used one yellow one red)
• 1 organic Zucchini
• 1 cup organic carrots
• 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and Pepper
- Cut up all the veggies, toss with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked. This is enough veggies to last a few days, and they also taste great on salads!
• 1 1/2 cup of organic basil
• 1/4 cup of organic chives
• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• Juice of half a lemon
• Salt and pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients in food processor or nutribullet.
- This makes more than one serving, so refrigerate or freeze the rest!