Rainbow Rice Bowl with Pesto Dressing
This meal is super easy to make and it tastes delicious! It is also so healthy and filling. When you prep the veggies in advance, it only takes a few minutes to prepare! So much health in a bowl: Fiber, healthy fats, protein, and whole grains! This recipe is also gluten free, vegan, and low fod-map friendly!
Tip: Cook a big batch of roasted veggies and have other veggies ready to steam for easy veggie bowls throughout the week!
Rainbow Rice Bowl (1 bowl serving):
• 1 cup of organic brown rice cooked
• 1/2 of an organic avocado
• 1/2 cup of organic corn
• 3/4 cup of organic baby kale steamed (it shrinks when steamed!)
• 1 cup of roasted veggies
• Desired amount of pesto dressing
- Prepare brown rice on the stove following directions on the container.
- Steam 3 cups of fresh kale and corn, and slice the avocado.
- Add roasted veggies and finish with pesto dressing. (Recipes for pesto and veggies are below)
• 2 organic bell peppers (I used one yellow one red)
• 1 organic Zucchini
• 1 cup organic carrots
• 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and Pepper
- Cut up all the veggies, toss with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked. This is enough veggies to last a few days, and they also taste great on salads!
• 1 1/2 cup of organic basil
• 1/4 cup of organic chives
• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• Juice of half a lemon
• Salt and pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients in food processor or nutribullet.
- This makes more than one serving, so refrigerate or freeze the rest!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!