Beet Burgers (Recipe)
Not only 100% vegan and gluten free, but the buns are made from portobello mushrooms so it’s super filling!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup beet pulp (from juiced beets or grated fresh beetroot)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- spices of choice to taste
- medium portobello mushrooms
- favorite condiments
What to do
- Process first 4 ingredients in a bullet sized blender until almonds are finely ground (about 15-20 seconds). Divide into 2 parts, and form into patties (think or thin, your choice)
- Heat skillet with coconut oil, then sear with a lid covering skillet until you can see it starting to brown and crisp. Flip and repeat for other side.
- Serve on portobello “buns” with condiments of choice.