Beet Burgers (Recipe)
Not only 100% vegan and gluten free, but the buns are made from portobello mushrooms so it’s super filling!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup beet pulp (from juiced beets or grated fresh beetroot)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- spices of choice to taste
- medium portobello mushrooms
- favorite condiments
What to do
- Process first 4 ingredients in a bullet sized blender until almonds are finely ground (about 15-20 seconds). Divide into 2 parts, and form into patties (think or thin, your choice)
- Heat skillet with coconut oil, then sear with a lid covering skillet until you can see it starting to brown and crisp. Flip and repeat for other side.
- Serve on portobello “buns” with condiments of choice.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!