Holy cow. If you like chocolate, you'll love this. It's like a mega awesome super chocolate party in your mouth which results in an excellent, ethereal sense of well being. Don't worry if it sounds too intense - I know you can handle it. You're stronger than you think.
RAW CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
Makes about four cakes
- 1/3 cup raw oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup each of melted cacao butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, and chili powder
- Nut milk, as needed
- Pulse the oats, walnuts and cacao powder in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add the dates and raisins and process until it all starts to stick together.
- Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake tins and put in the fridge.
- Use the rest of the mix to make the tops by pressing it into cookie molds the same diameter of your cupcake tins. Put those in the fridge as well.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding the milk as needed to make it creamy and a "molten" consistency.
- Take the cakes out of the cupcake molds and pour the molten mixture into each one, filling up almost to the top.
- Now carefully press the tops onto the cakes, gently pressing together the edges.
- Flip over and decorate with cacao nibs and goji berries.
A few substitution options
To make these gluten-free, use buckwheat groats instead of oats.
If you don't want to use cacao, use coconut oil instead of cacao butter and carob instead of cacao powder.