Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes (Recipe)
Holy cow. If you like chocolate, you'll love this. It's like a mega awesome super chocolate party in your mouth which results in an excellent, ethereal sense of well being. Don't worry if it sounds too intense - I know you can handle it. You're stronger than you think.
RAW CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
Makes about four cakes
- 1/3 cup raw oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup each of melted cacao butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, and chili powder
- Nut milk, as needed
- Pulse the oats, walnuts and cacao powder in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add the dates and raisins and process until it all starts to stick together.
- Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake tins and put in the fridge.
- Use the rest of the mix to make the tops by pressing it into cookie molds the same diameter of your cupcake tins. Put those in the fridge as well.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding the milk as needed to make it creamy and a "molten" consistency.
- Take the cakes out of the cupcake molds and pour the molten mixture into each one, filling up almost to the top.
- Now carefully press the tops onto the cakes, gently pressing together the edges.
- Flip over and decorate with cacao nibs and goji berries.
A few substitution options
To make these gluten-free, use buckwheat groats instead of oats.
If you don't want to use cacao, use coconut oil instead of cacao butter and carob instead of cacao powder.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!