Raw Dragonfruit Cheesecake
Pink dragonfruit were once a fruit reserved for tropical island adventures. Luckily, we can now find them a little closer to home and, as you may have seen, this bright pink fruit has been taking center stage in the world of social media as of late. The new acai? Maybe! Dragonfruit actually has a very subtle flavor despite its vibrant hues. Which means it works great with other flavors such as zesty lime and creamy coconut. Get ready for a tropical dessert that is as good for you as it tastes!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup soft, pitted dates
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 pink dragonfruit, flesh only
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- For the base: place the almonds in your food processor and blitz for a couple of seconds so they break down, then add all remaining ingredients. Process until the mixture breaks down and then starts to come together. It should hold together when you press it in between your fingers.
- Press the base into a 9 inch springform cake tin and then pop in the fridge while you make the filling.
- For the dragonfruit layer: soak your cashews in water for at least 2 hours, then drain and rinse well.
- In the bottom of your blender place the chopped dragon fruit, lime juice, coconut nectar, salt and coconut milk. Add the cashews on top and then blend, slowly adding the coconut oil in a running stream. Keep blending until the mixture is completely smooth with no grit at all. A high speed blender works best for this.
- When ready, remove the base from the fridge and pour the filling on top.
- Place the cake in your freezer and allow to set for around 3-4 hours.
- When the cake is set, decorate as you please with fresh fruit, fried fruit, seeds, nuts and flowers.
- You can serve straight from the freezer or allow to defrost and soften slightly.
*This cake will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, and it also freezes well for up to a month- if it lasts that long without being devoured!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!