Raw Hazelnut Brownies
Chocolate and hazelnut: who can resist? These easy no-bake brownies are almost too good to be true. You don’t need a whole lot of time or ingredients to get these ones happening — but you may find it hard to resist the whole slab!
Makes: 14 R + VGN DF GF RSF
- 270 g (9½ oz/ 2 cups) hazelnuts
- 265 g (9½ oz/ 2½ cups) shredded coconut
- 85 g (3 oz/ ¾ cup) raw cacao powder
- 650 g (1 lb 7 oz/ 4 cups) almonds
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan salt
- 225 g (8 oz/ 1½ cups) medjool dates
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/ 1 cup) rice malt syrup
- 450 g (1 lb/ 3 cups) chopped sugar-free dark chocolate
- 500 ml (17 fl oz/ 2 cups) coconut milk
- Place the hazelnuts, coconut, cacao powder, almonds and salt in a food processor and process into small crumbs.
- Add the dates and rice malt syrup and process until the mixture is well combined and sticky.
- Line a 24 cm (9½ inch) square cake tin, about 5 cm (2 inches) deep, with baking paper. Transfer half the brownie mixture to the tin and press down evenly. Set the remaining brownie mixture aside.
- To make the chocolate ganache, add the chocolate and coconut milk to a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted and thickened. Remove from the heat. Using a tablespoon, randomly dollop about 6 tablespoons of the ganache over the brownie base. Freeze for 10–20 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and press the remaining brownie mixture evenly over the top. Pour the rest of the ganache over the brownie, spreading it evenly.
- Freeze for 3–4 hours, or until set.
- Remove from the freezer 30–40 minutes before serving. Cut into slices to serve. The brownies will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for 4–6 weeks.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.