Raw Hazelnut Brownies
Chocolate and hazelnut: who can resist? These easy no-bake brownies are almost too good to be true. You don’t need a whole lot of time or ingredients to get these ones happening — but you may find it hard to resist the whole slab!
Makes: 14 R + VGN DF GF RSF
- 270 g (9½ oz/ 2 cups) hazelnuts
- 265 g (9½ oz/ 2½ cups) shredded coconut
- 85 g (3 oz/ ¾ cup) raw cacao powder
- 650 g (1 lb 7 oz/ 4 cups) almonds
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan salt
- 225 g (8 oz/ 1½ cups) medjool dates
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/ 1 cup) rice malt syrup
- 450 g (1 lb/ 3 cups) chopped sugar-free dark chocolate
- 500 ml (17 fl oz/ 2 cups) coconut milk
- Place the hazelnuts, coconut, cacao powder, almonds and salt in a food processor and process into small crumbs.
- Add the dates and rice malt syrup and process until the mixture is well combined and sticky.
- Line a 24 cm (9½ inch) square cake tin, about 5 cm (2 inches) deep, with baking paper. Transfer half the brownie mixture to the tin and press down evenly. Set the remaining brownie mixture aside.
- To make the chocolate ganache, add the chocolate and coconut milk to a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted and thickened. Remove from the heat. Using a tablespoon, randomly dollop about 6 tablespoons of the ganache over the brownie base. Freeze for 10–20 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and press the remaining brownie mixture evenly over the top. Pour the rest of the ganache over the brownie, spreading it evenly.
- Freeze for 3–4 hours, or until set.
- Remove from the freezer 30–40 minutes before serving. Cut into slices to serve. The brownies will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for 4–6 weeks.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.