"Rest In Peas" (Raw Chocolate Halloween Recipe)
The concept of Halloween has changed over the years, the once simple pagan tradition has transformed into a “big business” venture for the sugar industry. Let's get back to basics and avoid the sugar binge with mindful treat such as this raw chocolate recipe!
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter (substitute any other nut butter you like)
- 1 vanilla bean (substitute 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 12 mini cupcake liners
- 1/2 cup dehydrated raspberries (optional)
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil together in a double boiler.
- Add almond butter to the warm mixture and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Pour in cacao powder, agave, vanilla and salt. Mix together.
- Taste test and see if you want to add anything.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the mini cupcake liners.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pull it out and stick in any Halloween decorations you want, such as the toothpicks shown in the photo.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Organize the chocolates on a platter with the peas. Make sure these get eaten up quick because the chocolate will melt if left out for too long.