"Rest In Peas" (Raw Chocolate Halloween Recipe)
The concept of Halloween has changed over the years, the once simple pagan tradition has transformed into a “big business” venture for the sugar industry. Let's get back to basics and avoid the sugar binge with mindful treat such as this raw chocolate recipe!
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter (substitute any other nut butter you like)
- 1 vanilla bean (substitute 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 12 mini cupcake liners
- 1/2 cup dehydrated raspberries (optional)
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil together in a double boiler.
- Add almond butter to the warm mixture and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Pour in cacao powder, agave, vanilla and salt. Mix together.
- Taste test and see if you want to add anything.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the mini cupcake liners.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pull it out and stick in any Halloween decorations you want, such as the toothpicks shown in the photo.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Organize the chocolates on a platter with the peas. Make sure these get eaten up quick because the chocolate will melt if left out for too long.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!