Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato with Saffron Quinoa & Herby Drizzle
Celeriac is one of those vegetables that just gets forgotten! Here's a dish that will make it a star and will surely wow your friends and family!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup quinoa (well-rinsed)
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh herbs (I like a mix of parsley & coriander)
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- rocket (arugula) - optional
- toasted, flaked almonds - optional
What to do
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- In a large roasting pan, toss the sweet potato and celeriac with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden brown at the edges.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. In a medium-size pot, cook the shallot in the olive oil for a few minutes, until softened. Add the quinoa, vegetable broth and saffron, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Leave covered for 10 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- For the herby drizzle, blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, place a handful of rocket (arugula) in each bowl, then add a scoop of quinoa. Top with roasted celeriac and sweet potato and a generous drizzle of the herby dressing/sauce.
- Finish with toasted almonds if desired.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!