Rosemary and Thyme Loaf (Gluten-Free Recipe)
Living gluten free is pretty easy, but when it comes to the bread, that’s where I have a real issue. I miss soft, moist bread, that doesn’t have a spongy consistency! I miss flavor and memories of warm bread coming out of the oven.
I have been playing around with gluten free bread recipes for months now. I even have a kombucha sourdough starter living in my fridge as I write this, and I am more than willing to “feed” it daily and wait for weeks on end, just to get a taste of a sourdough again!
I have found one of the most flavor packed, most satisfying gluten free loafs of all time. It’s a BOLD statement, but whether you’re living gluten free or not, you will love this bread. In fact, I encourage you to make this, wrap it up, and take it into your office or next gathering just to prove how delicious unprocessed, gluten free “bread” can be!
Makes 1 5” x 9” loaf
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, pulled of stem
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, pulled off stem, finely chopped
- Additional herbs are optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and blend with a whisk for one minute, until very well combined. Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined, and smooth as can be, about 1 minute. Once base is mixed well, add the fresh herbs. Stir in herbs, mix by hand for another 20-30 seconds, until herb mix is evenly distributed.
- The dough will be like a thick batter but should be thin enough that it wouldn’t roll into a ball. Pour dough mix into a well-greased bread pan. It will come up to less than halfway, and that is normal.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool in the pan before serving.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!