If you haven’t experienced the joy of nice-cream you are missing out! Even if you are not dairy-free this frozen delight is so easy to make and has no refined sugar so you would be mad not to give it a try. All you need is frozen bananas to make nice cream, literally that is it! So feel free to adapt this recipe and instead of my extra ingredients you could use frozen berries, nuts, dried fruit, matcha, cinnamon, frozen mango, coconut (the list is endless!)
I like this combination when I am really craving something naughty but don’t want to overload my body with unnatural sweeteners and still keep it relatively healthy! You could omit the chocolate sauce and half the syrup and eat it for breakfast with some fresh fruit and coconut and have no guilt whatsoever!
1 cup of hazelnuts, roasted
2 bananas, frozen
4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp of maple syrup/honey
1 tbsp nut butter
pinch of salt
75g Cacao butter
4tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C. Place your hazelnuts in a roasting tin and roast for 10 minutes.
- Once roasted place the hazelnuts onto a damp cloth and remove the skins. Then place them into a blender and blend to a rough chop.
- Place the rest of your ingredients for your nice cream into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a dish and mix half of the chopped hazelnuts through.
- For the hot chocolate sauce melt your cacao butter in a pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until all melted and warm. Leave to one side.
- Transfer the nice cream into dishes and pour the hot cacao sauce over the top.