Skin Beauty Salad Recipe
- 2 handfuls of young arugula (rocket)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 carrot, grated or shredded
- 2 radishes, sliced paper thin with a mandolin
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 small red onion, sliced super thin with a mandolin
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 handful of fresh soft herbs (works best with dill, coriander or basil leaves)
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
Tools You'll Need
A mandoline or sharp knife
1. Put the sliced onion in a small bowl with the lime juice to soak for at least 10 minutes. If you do this ahead of time, leaving it to soak for an hour or more creates an even softer, sweeter, pinker result
2. Scoop the seeds out of the cucumbers with a teaspoon and throw the seeds into your blender; chop the cucumbers
3. In a large bowl, arrange the leaves, cucumber, carrot and radish. Take the onion out of the lime juice and add this to the salad too
4. Add to the blender the left-over lime juice, avocado, vinegar, cayenne, honey, herbs and salt. Blend until smooth; you may need to add a dash of water to facilitate blending. Adjust seasoning to taste
5. Dollop dressing generously on your salad, mix through before eating
Onions and arugula (rocket) are high in sulfur, a beautifying mineral which cleanses the liver and skin. Additionally radishes and cucumber are high in silica, which is necessary for the strengthening and moisturizing of hair, skin and nails.
This dressing can also be used as a dip for raw vegetables or Buckwheat Crackers.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!