Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus overnight soaking
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep ahead: soak and cook chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup (100 g) dried chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup (75 g) raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup (40 g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (40 g) shredded kale
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak overnight. The next morning, rinse and drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, add the spices, salt to taste and half the coconut oil then toss to coat. Spread the chickpeas out on the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add the cashews, coconut, kale and remaining coconut oil and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the kale is crisp. Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.