Spiced Chickpea, Cashew & Kale Mix
Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus overnight soaking
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep ahead: soak and cook chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup (100 g) dried chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup (75 g) raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup (40 g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (40 g) shredded kale
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak overnight. The next morning, rinse and drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, add the spices, salt to taste and half the coconut oil then toss to coat. Spread the chickpeas out on the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add the cashews, coconut, kale and remaining coconut oil and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the kale is crisp. Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The Energy Guide
by Dr. Libby Weaver is published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $39.99
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!