Spiced Hot Chocolate (Recipe)
If you thought hot chocolate was the ultimate comforting drink for those cooler nights or rainy days, then you need to try this recipe. It’s still the same soothing hot chocolate, but with added spices for a nice rich blend. Guaranteed to make your house smell divine as it simmers away!
- 3 cups hazelnut or almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger – peeled and sliced
- Freshly ground nutmeg – to taste
- 1 vanilla bean – seeds scraped out
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mesquite powder
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a medium saucepan, combine the nut milk, cinnamon stick, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla seeds and pod, and coconut sugar.
- Bring to a near boil, stirring to help the sugar dissolve. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt cocoa butter in a double boiler. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Strain the milk and gradually add it into the chocolate mixture, mixing to combine as you go.
- Enjoy, and stay warm.
How do you reset your body, kickstart healthy habits, and bring yourself back to your natural state of health? By supporting the body’s natural detoxification pathways! You can discover more about the practice and how you can enhance it, here.