Superfood Balls (Christmas Recipe)
A nourishing take on the classic truffles that we so often see recipes for at Christmas time. The beauty about this recipe is you can swap for any of your favorite superfood ingredients that you have in the pantry. Dash of rum optional ;-)
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup of pepitas
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup a raw cacao powder
- 12-15 medjool dates (pitted)
- desiccated coconut (to coat balls in)
- Put the walnuts and pepitas into a food processor and pulse until it resembles a fine crumb.
- Add in the chia seeds and cacao powder and pulse again until it is well combined.
- While the food processor is running add in the medjool dates one at a time until the mix starts to stick together and is 'tacky'.
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat them in some desiccated coconut.
- Store them in the fridge.