Sweet Potato, Dark Chocolate And Sea Salt Chips (Recipe)
Want to have some fun with dessert? You can whip these up in a matter of minutes.
Serves 4-6. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced (the thinner the chip, the better the final outcome - a mandolin works well for this)
- 60g dark (85-90% cacao) chocolate, chopped into even-sized pieces
- sea salt
What to do
- Line a baking tray or plate with paper towel. Heat 2cm coconut oil until bubbling in a medium-small fry pan.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower chips into coconut oil to shallow fry. Do not overcrowd the pan. Turn once and remove from pan to drain on paper towel. Repeat process until all of the chips have been fried.
- Line a baking tray or plate with baking paper. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave (for about 30 seconds) until smooth.
- Dip fried sweet potato into chocolate and place on baking paper. Sprinkle with sea salt. Set in the fridge until chocolate hardens before serving.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!