Sweet Potato Pancakes With Breakfast Greens
This little number is a refreshing take on everyone's favorite breakfast recipe: pancakes! With just a few ingredients and no gluten, this will be your new fav pancake recipe. Sweet or savory!
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, steamed until soft and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- coconut oil, for pan
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup rocket (arugula)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (we use parsley & basil)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (optional)
- Mix together all pancake ingredients except the coconut oil and beat just until a batter forms.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter out and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip the pancake and cook for about another minute or two until fully cooked.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To serve, mixed together rocket, diced avocado and juice of half a lemon. Spoon on top of pancakes with a drizzle yogurt & herbs.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.