The Avocado Mojito Smoothie
This rich and creamy avocado smoothie makes good use of those phenomenally delicious detoxifying ingredients, ginger and turmeric. It’s also full of good fats and is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful of mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 3 tbsp filtered water, plus extra if needed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric or 5 mm of turmeric, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- ¼ tsp stevia
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and whiz everything together until smooth (if it’s a bit thick for your liking, loosen it up with a little extra water). Pour into glasses, garnish with extra mint leaves and serve.
One of the reasons I love adding mint to my recipes is because it is a great digestion aid, helping us better process and absorb the nutrients we take on board in all the food we eat. It can also soothe the stomach in cases of indigestion, inflammation or discomfort.
Smart Carbs by Luke Hines is published by Plum, RPP $39.99 . Photographer credit: Mark Roper.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.