Three Daily Detox Teas (Recipes)
One of the most simple detox tips you could continue each day is to remain super hydrated to flush out toxins and waste from the body.
You should aim for 2 liters a day, which includes fruit and vegetables with a high water content, and herbal teas. Herbal teas offer abundance of health benefits including cleansing and alkalizing properties which provide powerful anti-inflammatory action within your body.
Here are some of our go-to combinations that we love to sip on in the Food Matters office.
FOOD MATTERS TEA 1
- Green Tea - Green leaf contains theanine, an amino acid that is proven to reduce stress and improve brainpower. It contains a powerhouse of antioxidants and a host of benefits: weight loss, stress lowering, antiviral, decreases arthritis, lowers blood pressure, loaded with polyphenols, flavonoids which function as superior antioxidants and boosts metabolism .
- Chamomile - Calming effect on the nervous and digestive system. Relaxes and soothes the muscles throughout the digestive tract.
- Rosehip - One of the best plant sources of vitamin C, which is important for the immune system, skin and tissue health and adrenal function.
- Hibiscus - High in antioxidants helping to rid our bodies of destructive molecules that can damage our cells and protect us against chronic disease. Antioxidants can help reverse inflammatory processes caused by toxins.
- 1 tsp green tea
- 1 tsp chamomile flowers
- 1 tsp dried rosehip
- 1 tsp dried hibiscus
What to do
Combine all tea ingredients together in a teapot with 2 cups boiling water and steep for 3-4 minutes. Alternately, you can buy reusable tea bags and create your own bags of tea. This recipe serves 1-2 but we love combining more of each ingredient into a jar to have our own blend on hand throughout the day.
FOOD MATTERS TEA 2
- White Tea - Similar to green tea (derived from the same plant), though it is said that white tea contains a high amount of antioxidants as it is harvested at a younger age.
- Ginger - circulatory stimulant, warming, promotes blood flow throughout the body.
- Cinnamon - Warming and fragrant, cinnamon has strong research showing its benefits at controlling blood sugar levels while also reducing stress and inflammation.
- Lemon - Rich in vitamin C and a great digestive aid, adding lemon to your tea will help the process of elimination among a long list of other health benefits. Lemon in warm water is well known for it's long list of benefits.
- Honey - Powerful for the immunity , helps rejuvenate the digestive tract and soothe stress in the body.
- 1 tsp white tea
- 1-inch fresh ginger grated or sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 fresh lemon sliced
- 1 tsp honey
What to do
In a small teapot combine all ingredients with 2 cups of boiling water and let steep for 5-6 minutes. This tea combination is best made fresh and enjoyed straight away.
FOOD MATTERS RECIPE 3
- Rooibos Tea - Rich in mineral content, promoting healthy skin, teeth and bones. High in antioxidants, and is great longevity .
- Peppermint - stimulates the circulatory system, promoting blood flow throughout the body. Increase metabolism and provides more energy. Great for the digestive system
- Licorice - protection of gastric mucosa, along with positive effects on symptoms such as bloating, flatulence and abdominal pain.
- 1-2 tsp rooibos tea
- Small handful of fresh peppermint or 1 tsp dried peppermint tea
- 1 tsp licorice tea or fresh licorice root
What to do
In a small teapot combine all ingredients along with 2 cups of boiling water. If using dried peppermint tea you can buy reusable tea bags and create your own bags of tea. This recipe serves 1-2 but we love combining more of each ingredient into a jar to have our own blend on hand throughout the day.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!