This crumble is so easy to make and such a great recipe to keep on hand when you’re craving something sweet, have unexpected guests arriving or are running late with dinner preparations. It takes no more than 30 minutes to make and is sure to please everyone!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can really swap the peaches for any other fruit you may have at home, berries, apples, pears to name a few. For the crumble you can swap out the macadamias for any other type of nut.
Hope you enjoy it and remember to pull it out when you’re desperate for a little sweet treat!
- 7-8 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp any kind of sweetener, I used coconut sugar but xylitol, rice malt syrup or maple syrup will also work.
- A few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup macadamias
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven on 350F (180C).
- Place the peaches, sweetener of choice and vanilla in a medium saucepan and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes with the lid on. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- While it’s cooking, combine the almond meal, macadamias, dates and coconut in a food processor. Blend using the S blade for around 30 seconds to a minute until the desired texture is reached. I like to keep some chunky bits in there to get the crunch of the macadamias.
- Place the stewed peaches in 4 separate ramekins and top with crumble mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the top of the crumble starts browning.
- Serve warm.
Serves 4 people and takes 25-30 minutes to make.