Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
These treats have a sweet and creamy filling without dairy, gluten and refined sugar. Perfect for the holiday season, they look like a posh canapé but are super easy to make. Rather than feeling overindulged, theses bites will energise with strengthening protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
- 24 strawberries
- 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour
- 160g/5.6oz raw soaked cashews
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Place the cashews in a bowl of water and soak for 2 hours or more.
- Preheat oven 160ºC/320ºF.
- Sprinkle the almond flour on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Drain the cashews and pat dry. Add cashews to a food processor or high-speed blender with the maple syrup and lemon juice. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Cut the stems of the strawberries and use a small sharp knife to cut the core from the centre.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into strawberries.
- Dip each strawberry in a fine layer of almond flour to form the cheesecake crust.
Serve on a platter and enjoy!
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!