Vegetarian Zucchini Slice
My favourite way to enjoy this slice is cold – it’s a perfect 3 o’clock snack when you start to get those cravings.
- 3 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, diced
- 4–6 button mushrooms, cleaned and finely sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon each of salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 22 × 33 cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Coarsely grate the zucchini into a clean Chux cloth, then squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible (this is important – you don’t want your slice to be watery).
- Combine the vegetables, garlic and parsley in a large bowl. Add the cheese, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the zucchini mixture into the lined tin, smooth the surface and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Serve hot or cold.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!