Warmly Spiced Nut Butter
This is a delicious, spicy twist to a pantry staple, the humble nut butter. It's also one of the easiest ways to add some warm, sweet tones to your food as it makes for the perfect addition to some freshly baked sourdough, toasted sweet potato, smoothie bowl or sliced up apple.
Makes: 400 g
- 350 g of 100% nut butter (ABC/almond, brazil, cashew or almond butter. Store bought or home-made)
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ - 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl or food processor mix until combined well.
- Spoon in a clean glass jar.
- Store the jar in the cupboard.