Whip these breakfast muffins up the night before and you'll have yourself a nourishing breakfast to grab and take with you for those mornings when you are on the run!
The beauty of this recipe is you can use any ingredients that you have on hand. Roast some extra veggies, make some extra quinoa or use up any left over veggies you have in the fridge!
Eggs are incredibly nutritious, almost the 'perfect' food, containing a little bit of almost every nutrient our bodies need! Eggs are also high in quality protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios! Just be sure to buy the best quality available from happy hens!
- 1 cup shredded greens (we used kale & leftover greens from our beetroots)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 zucchini, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 tbsp herbs (dried or fresh, we used rosemary)
- 6 eggs
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line pan with muffin liners, or grease with coconut oil or butter.
- Lightly whisk eggs together in a bowl, mix in all your vegetables and spices.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin liners and place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
What Ingredients Would You Add?