Beautifying Hot Cacao Tonic
There’s nothing more satisfying and cozy than snuggling up this winter with a cup of hot cacao in front of a burning fire. Instead of reaching for a basic mix of sugar, cocoa powder and goodness knows what else, why not upgrade with a rich, warm drink that can satisfy that chocolate craving while adding a kick of good nutrition too? Look more beautiful by drinking hot chocolate? We knew you’d be into this. Our version of hot cocoa has skin-beautifying power and tasty tonic superfoods like tocos, collagen and pine pollen. Make this little cuppa part of your winter beauty regimen! Read the
full benefits of each ingredient
For hot cacao:
- 3 cups milk of choice (we’re loving raw goat milk at the moment)
- 5 Tbsp raw cacao powder or a mix like Cacao Magic by Philosophie
- 1-2 Tbsp collagen powder
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 tsp pine pollen
- stevia to taste
For coconut whipped creme:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What to do
For hot cacao:
- In a medium sauce pan, add the milk and other ingredients.
- Gently warm milk, stirring occasionally until warm and well combined, about 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with an optional dollop of coconut cream (directions below).
For coconut whipped cream:
- Set the can in the fridge overnight so that the coconut fat solids separate from the coconut water.
- Open the can and carefully pour out the thick coconut cream. With an electric whisk, beat the cream, sweetener and vanilla extract on high until peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- If not serving immediately, place the bowl of whipped coconut cream in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and then beat it again right before serving it.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.