Bedtime Turmeric Tea
This turmeric mixture can help ease your digestive system in preparation for a better night's sleep.
Trouble sleeping can quite often be related back to the digestive system working overtime right before bed making it hard for your body to completely wind down and settle in for restful sleep.
Sipping on a warming turmeric mixture in the evening can help settle your digestive system, calm the nervous system, and prepare you for a restful sleep.
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 oz/ 250 ml) unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, hemp, almond, rice)
- Make a turmeric paste by mixing the turmeric, honey, cinnamon & black pepper together with a tiny bit of hot water.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan or steam.
- Stir through the turmeric paste.
- Serve in a glass or mug and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Are you ready for the ultimate reset? Find out more about the Food Matters Juice Detox .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!