Berry Delicious Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are a great way to start your morning! They can be a full breakfast meal or a midday snack. They are super refreshing, especially in the summer and they leave you full and satisfied.
My recipe is super healthy, full of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. This meal is also gluten-free and vegan!
The banana makes the smoothie creamier and berries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Chia seeds are a superfood, full of omega-3s, fiber, and protein. Chia seeds are best eaten ground so you absorb all of the nutrients, instead of them just going right through you.
Raw honey adds the perfect amount of sweetener since the fruit is already naturally sweet. Raw honey also has great health benefits. Bananas are a great breakfast food because they are great for digestion, have high potassium levels, and keep you full.
BERRY DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- A few frozen peach slices
- A few pieces of frozen mango
- Half of a fresh banana
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
What to do
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. I start off with adding a little almond milk, and then I add more as needed. Less liquid equals a thicker smoothie which is ideal for a smoothie bowl.You can add different amounts of fruit you desire if you prefer one fruit over another!
- To top your smoothie bowl, you can add whatever desired fruits or toppings you like! I added banana, kiwi, raw almonds, and raspberries. The bowl also tastes great topped with KIND granola, coconut flakes, other fruits, and pumpkin seeds.
- A modification to add more protein and make a creamier smoothie is to add a scoop of organic vanilla whey protein or a vanilla plant based protein!
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.