Berry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
This ice cream is vegan and dairy free, but it’s an amazing source of antioxidants and vitamin C too!
- (use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey, to sweeten
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup ice
What to do
- Blend the bananas, mixed berries, honey and vanilla in a high-speed blender.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients except for the ice in a high-speed blender. Add the ice only when a creamy consistency is formed.
- Serve the ice cream in bowls and pour sauce over the top.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .