Are you searching for for some lunch inspiration? This nourishing salad will make the perfect lunchbox salad to keep you going all week!
- 1 1⁄2 cups of organic brown rice
- 1 cup of fresh chopped coriander leaves 1 cup of fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1⁄2 a cup of almonds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the rice, following the method on the back of the packet, until tender. Drain & rinse it well and allow it to cool down completely before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Chop up the red onion, coriander, pineapple, broccoli and almonds and mix them through the rice.
- 3 Gently stir through the lime juice and olive oil prior to serving.
- You can easily replace the pineapple in this salad with pomegranate, grapes or some dried currants.
- For a nut free version, simply replace the almonds with some pumpkin seeds.
- The addition of some sliced avocado to this salad is also a crowd pleaser!