Brown Rice Salad (Recipe)
Are you searching for for some lunch inspiration? This nourishing salad will make the perfect lunchbox salad to keep you going all week!
- 1 1⁄2 cups of organic brown rice
- 1 cup of fresh chopped coriander leaves 1 cup of fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1⁄2 a cup of almonds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the rice, following the method on the back of the packet, until tender. Drain & rinse it well and allow it to cool down completely before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Chop up the red onion, coriander, pineapple, broccoli and almonds and mix them through the rice.
- 3 Gently stir through the lime juice and olive oil prior to serving.
- You can easily replace the pineapple in this salad with pomegranate, grapes or some dried currants.
- For a nut free version, simply replace the almonds with some pumpkin seeds.
- The addition of some sliced avocado to this salad is also a crowd pleaser!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!