Caramelized Figs with Nut Crunch and Coconut Nice Cream
We always have frozen bananas in the freezer for when the sweet tooth strikes! They make such a nice and smooth dairy free ice cream. Add a few ingredients and you have the quickest and tastiest dessert!
Coconut Nice Cream
- 3 large bananas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Caramelized Figs with Nut Crunch
- 4 figs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp nuts, roughly chopped
- Cut the bananas into small chunks and freeze until solid.
- Cut figs in half, drizzle with maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix to evenly coat.
- In a small fryIing pan over medium heat, add figs and cook until lightly caramelized. Toss through nuts.
- For the nice cream, using the food processor or high speed blender, add the frozen bananas, shredded coconut, vanilla, and ground cinnamon, blend until smooth and creamy.
- When mixed, serve immediately and top with caramelised figs and nuts.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!