Cashew Chai Milk
Love cashews, love chai? Then "get your chai on!” as Oprah would say. This recipe is sweet, spicy, and all-around divine. It’s wonderful blended up with fresh banana and greens, and it also pairs well with tropical fruits. For a creamy evening treat, warm a cup over the stovetop, sprinkle with cinnamon, and sip to your heart’s content.
Yields 3 3/4 Cups
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, rinsed, and drained
- 1⁄2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
What to do
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients till creamy and smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!