Cauliflower Beet Soup With Curried Cashews
Beets are a highly nutritious food and the whole beetroot is edible. Use the bulb to make this delicious Cauliflower Beet Soup and save the greens to juice.
Beets have been documented to lower blood pressure, boost stamina and fight inflammation. They hold anti-cancer properties, are a rich source of immune-boosting vitamin C and potassium which is essential for nerve and muscle function.
This nutritious vegetable consists of vitamin A, iron, calcium, fiber, folate and manganese that promotes healthy bones, liver, kidneys and pancreas.
Beets are a blood purifier and blood builder that aide in the production of red blood cells. Beets are high in carbohydrates and have the highest sugar content of any vegetable. If you have blood sugar issues beware that you may only want to consume beets a few times a week.
There are many delicious ways to incorporate beets into your diet let Cauliflower Beet Soup with Curried Cashews be one of them.
Cauliflower Beet Soup with Curried Cashews
Cauliflower Beet Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 beets, greens removed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the beets, leaving the skin intact. Place on a baking sheet. Roast, whole, in the oven for 1 hour.
- Break the cauliflower into large florets.
- In a medium sized pot steam the cauliflower until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- When the beets are done remove from heat and let cool.
- When the beets can be handled peel away the skin and chop into cubes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Transfer to a soup pot and heat.
- In a bowl serve a generous portion and top with curried cashews.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons curry
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A squeeze of lime
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- In a bowl, combine room temperature coconut oil with the spices and lime.
- Stir in the cashews until throughly covered.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Discover how to eat your medicine to heal your gut, eliminate bloating, skin issues and hair loss as I share seven nutrition principles in this free masterclass. Running for a limited time only.