Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
Cauliflower. It's one of those vegetables that you either love or hate! Here's a different way to use cauliflower in a yummy breakfast muffin. Quick and easy to make, these low-carb muffins will keep you full all morning!
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used buckwheat)
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cups grated cheese
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with cafe style paper cases.
- In a food processor, process the cauliflower florets, using the pulse function, until finely chopped.
- Whisk the flour, paprika, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk the almond milk, eggs and oil in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine mixtures but do not overmix. Add cauliflower, cheese, mushrooms, and onion and stir to combine. Spoon batter into prepared paper cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Are you looking for the ultimate crash course in nutrition? Discover the free online masterclass and tune in today.