Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
Cauliflower. It's one of those vegetables that you either love or hate! Here's a different way to use cauliflower in a yummy breakfast muffin. Quick and easy to make, these low-carb muffins will keep you full all morning!
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used buckwheat)
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cups grated cheese
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with cafe style paper cases.
- In a food processor, process the cauliflower florets, using the pulse function, until finely chopped.
- Whisk the flour, paprika, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk the almond milk, eggs and oil in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine mixtures but do not overmix. Add cauliflower, cheese, mushrooms, and onion and stir to combine. Spoon batter into prepared paper cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!