Cauliflower just went to a whole new level of awesome with these crunchy little bites that the big or little kids will adore! These spicy cauliflower bites make the perfect party treat - Most probably won't even notice that these are cauliflower ;-)
The cauliflower florets make them seriously high in vitamin C. Would you believe it? Second to that is vitamin K, folate, even vitamins B 1, 2 and 3 for energy-producing properties, magnesium for growing muscles and calcium for strong bones.
The great news is that the florets are cooked the right way in the oven, ensuring they hold on to all those vital nutrients in the baking process.
They’ll never know they’re eating vegetables garnished with immunity-boosting herbs and spices like paprika, garlic, and turmeric; ideal for fighting flu and fever.
Coated in a batter with no nasty ingredients, the recipe includes a nut milk base and almond meal instead of breadcrumbs which provide the fiber they need to make it nice and digestible for their little tummies.
It's a vegan-friendly snack too, as no animal content was used. Another perfect reason to use this as a favorite party food.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Mix almond meal and ground spices in a medium-sized bowl to make a crumb.
- In another bowl, mix together well the almond or coconut milk and brown rice flour to make batter.
- Coat cauliflower florets a few at a time, then toss in almond meal spice mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.