Chai Spiced Energy Bites
eeling peckish for an energizing snack that will satisfy a sweet tooth? What’s great about these mouth-watering chai balls are the spice ingredients such as cinnamon and nutmeg. They should curb any sugar cravings. They also contain ginger to reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, making these bites the perfect pick-me-up during the changing of the seasons .
The Chai Spiced Energy Bites are also a great little protein bomb, thanks to chia seeds and the nut butter which combined with the essential fats and gluten-free grains makes them very digestible.
Sweetened only with honey or brown rice syrup, if you’d prefer, you’ll be able to replace any desire for a regular chocolate bar; helping you to keep hunger at bay for much longer, as well as releasing energy much slower so you won’t experience that horrible crash which you would with sugar-loaded foods in an hour's time.
They couldn’t be easier to prepare, with no baking required. Another raw cuisine whereby your body will enjoy all the nutrient benefits.
Note: You will need a food processor
Chai Spice Blend:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Chai spice blend (above)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup nut or seed butter
- ¼ cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut, to coat
- Place all spice ingredients in a small bowl to mix them together.
- Afterwards put all the remaining ingredients, except the shredded coconut, into the food processor and blend until a sticky crumble forms.
- Using the palm of your hands, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Take each ball and roll them in shredded coconut to coat.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until hard before serving.
Are you looking for the ultimate crash course in nutrition? Discover the free online masterclass and tune in today.