Chai-Spiced Protein Pancakes With Quinoa Flour
REMEMBER LAST SUNDAY? You were robe-clad and cozy, moving slow and feeling good. We get a little glimpse of that easy weekend feeling every time we sip down something chai-spiced (which happens often this time of year). But just one bite of these chai-spiced quinoa pancakes and we’re fully transported back to that Sunday state of mind.
Chai-Spice Quinoa Pancakes
Serves: 4 (makes 8 pancakes)
- 1½ cups quinoa flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- Generous pinch ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1¼ cups plain kefir
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, allspice and salt together and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, kefir, maple syrup and vanilla together until combined. The melted coconut oil might harden up when combined with colder ingredients, so you can slightly warm the kefir to help prevent this from happening, if you’d like.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Let the batter rest for 2 to 3 minutes. This allows all of the ingredients to come together and gives the batter a better consistency.
- Spray a non-stick skillet or griddle generously with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the batter using a ¼-cup measuring cup and pour the batter into the skillet to make the pancake. Use the measuring cup to help shape the pancake.
- Cook until the sides appear set and bubbles form in the middle (about 2 to 3 minutes), then flip the pancake.
- Once the pancake is cooked on that side, remove pancake from the heat and place on a plate.
- Continue these steps with the rest of the batter.
Shared with permission from The Chalkboard Mag.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!