Choc Cinnamon Coffee Cake Squares
One for the adults! A delicious and smooth chocolate gluten-free cake with a kick of coffee.
GF, DF, GrF, P - Serves 4
- 2 1/2 cups almond or hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or 2 double espresso shots
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
• Freshly whipped coconut cream
• A small drizzle of honey
• extra ground cinnamon on top
• fresh raspberries (optional)
• shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and grease and line a square tin.
2. Add all the cake ingredients to a food processor and blitz to combine.
3. Pour into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven) until a knife comes out clean when poked in.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Once cool, remove from the tin and slice into 4 squares.
6. Put onto plates and top with coconut cream, a drizzle of honey, shredded coconut, cinnamon and raspberries.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.