Choc Cinnamon Coffee Cake Squares
One for the adults! A delicious and smooth chocolate gluten-free cake with a kick of coffee.
GF, DF, GrF, P - Serves 4
- 2 1/2 cups almond or hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or 2 double espresso shots
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
• Freshly whipped coconut cream
• A small drizzle of honey
• extra ground cinnamon on top
• fresh raspberries (optional)
• shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and grease and line a square tin.
2. Add all the cake ingredients to a food processor and blitz to combine.
3. Pour into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven) until a knife comes out clean when poked in.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Once cool, remove from the tin and slice into 4 squares.
6. Put onto plates and top with coconut cream, a drizzle of honey, shredded coconut, cinnamon and raspberries.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!