Chocolate Cauliflower Pizza Base
Cauliflower in a pizza base with chocolate, you might think we've gone crazy but this was one sneaky experiment that worked out. Try this gluten-free chocolate dessert pizza with a hidden serve of vegetables! Shh.. The kids won't even know.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup Food Matters Superfood Chocolate
- 3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 organic egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- A handful of shredded coconut
- Berries to top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Steam cauliflower florets. In a food processor, pulse the steamed florets until you get a purée.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower puree, almond flour, salt, and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together Food Matters Superfood Chocolate, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Set aside 2 tbsp of this chocolate mixture to drizzle on top at the end.
- Add 2 tbsp of almond butter and the egg to the chocolate mixture in the bowl, mix well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the large bowl with the cauliflower purée and dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the center of the parchment paper and use a spoon to spread the mixture out evenly into a circle that is about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with 1/4 cup of almond butter, sliced banana, shredded coconut, berries and drizzle with chocolate mixture from earlier.