Chocolate Cauliflower Pizza Base
Cauliflower in a pizza base with chocolate, you might think we've gone crazy but this was one sneaky experiment that worked out. Try this gluten-free chocolate dessert pizza with a hidden serve of vegetables! Shh.. The kids won't even know.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup chocolate powder
- 3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 organic egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- A handful of shredded coconut
- Berries to top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Steam cauliflower florets. In a food processor, pulse the steamed florets until you get a purée.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower puree, almond flour, salt, and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together Food Matters Superfood Chocolate, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Set aside 2 tbsp of this chocolate mixture to drizzle on top at the end.
- Add 2 tbsp of almond butter and the egg to the chocolate mixture in the bowl, mix well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the large bowl with the cauliflower purée and dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the center of the parchment paper and use a spoon to spread the mixture out evenly into a circle that is about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with 1/4 cup of almond butter, sliced banana, shredded coconut, berries and drizzle with chocolate mixture from earlier.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!