Chocolate Covered Banana Popsicles
Chocolate covered bananas are a great, healthy treat for the big and little kids alike! They are easy to make at home and a great simple recipe for the kids to get involved with.
- 4 large bananas
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
Options To Coat Choc-Bananas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup granola mix
You will need:
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Cut bananas in half and place a skewer or popsicle stick in the center of each banana, lengthways. Place in the freezer until hard.
- Once bananas are frozen, make the raw chocolate sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cacao, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Once the chocolate mixture is done, set toppings up on separate plates.
- Take a frozen piece and dip in the chocolate sauce, coating evenly. Immediately roll chocolate covered bananas in the toppings until coated. Repeat with all bananas.
- Place bananas back on the parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Store and serve directly out of the freezer for up to a month.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!