Chocolate covered bananas are a great, healthy treat for the big and little kids alike! They are easy to make at home and a great simple recipe for the kids to get involved with.
- 4 large bananas
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
Options To Coat Choc-Bananas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup granola mix
You will need:
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Cut bananas in half and place a skewer or popsicle stick in the center of each banana, lengthways. Place in the freezer until hard.
- Once bananas are frozen, make the raw chocolate sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cacao, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Once the chocolate mixture is done, set toppings up on separate plates.
- Take a frozen piece and dip in the chocolate sauce, coating evenly. Immediately roll chocolate covered bananas in the toppings until coated. Repeat with all bananas.
- Place bananas back on the parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Store and serve directly out of the freezer for up to a month.