This gut-friendly sweet treat offers so much flavor and chocolatey fun! It’s a great one to make and enjoy with kids.
- 240 g (8 1/2 oz/1 cup) cacao butter
- 30 g (1 oz/ 1/4 cup) raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 heaped tsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or raw honey, or 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 25 g (1 oz/ 1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the cacao butter in a heatproof bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cacao powder, vanilla powder, maca powder and rice malt syrup or raw honey (or the stevia) until combined. Set aside until thick enough to pipe.
- Pour the mixture into a piping (icing) bag and pipe it onto the baking paper, in a squiggly pattern, forming fingers about 15 cm (6 inches) long, and leaving space in between. (Alternatively, use a skewer to drag the mixture across the paper to create a pattern.)
- Top with the coconut and place in the fridge for about 1 hour to harden. It will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2–3 weeks.
Images and recipes from "Supercharge Your Gut" by Lee Holmes, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00. Photography by Steve Brown.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!