Chocolate Pot Cupcakes (Recipe)
These super cute chocolate cupcakes look just like little potted plants! They make a great party dish, plus their wholesome ingredients will make them a hit with the whole family!
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Lin a muffin tray with cupcake liners or line your mini terracotta pots with parchment paper.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl and spoon evenly between cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until mixture springs back when gently touched.
CHOC AVOCADO FROSTING
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Place all ingredients in the blender or food processor and mix until well combined and fluffy.
MINT DIRT CRUMBLE
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings
- 1 drop peppermint oil (food grade)
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Crush cacao nib or dark chocolate shavings with peppermint oil and sprinkle over cupcakes.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.