Chopped Salad with Ginger Miso Tempeh
When eating plant-based you there are some boxes you want to tick to ensure you are receiving as many nutrients as possible.
Our Chopped Salad with Ginger Miso Tempeh is one recipe that will help you tick those plant-based diet boxes.
Ginger Miso Tempeh
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Unrefined sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 x 10 oz (300g) package tempeh, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 oz (250g or 1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby romaine (cos) lettuces, roughly chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ bunch radishes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ¼ bunch cilantro (coriander)
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the miso paste, ginger, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Split the dressing into 2 bowls. In one bowl, add the tempeh strips and set it aside to marinate for 10 minutes (the longer you marinate the better). In the other bowl, add the tahini and whisk together until combined to make a dressing.
- After the tempeh has marinated, heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil in a frying pan set over medium heat. Add the tempeh strips and cook until golden.
- Combine half of the chopped salad and tempeh in a bowl with a drizzle of the dressing.
- Store the remaining tempeh, undressed salad, and dressing in airtight containers in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.