Chunky Monkey Muffins (Gluten-Free Recipe)
How good is a chunky monkey combo?! This is the perfect gluten free recipe to get your chunky monkey fix!
- 1 cup gluten free oats, finely ground in a food processor
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gf vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp walnut halves roughly chopped
What to do
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients - finely ground gluten free oats through salt.
- In a medium bowl place peeled banana and mash well - add ample syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract, stir until well mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and toss well - slowly stir in the wet into the dry until well mixed.
- In a muffin tin lined with 6 muffin liners fill the muffin cups all the way full - if using the coconut flour it will be mounded. sprinkle with walnut pieces, gently press. into the coconut flour muffin tops, the chickpea mixture does not require pressing.
- For coconut muffins bake for 12-15 minutes.
- For chickpea muffins bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack prior to removing from pan.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.