Delicious and gooey cinnamon rolls!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE SCROLL DOUGH
- 300ml soy, rice, or coconut milk
- 30g coconut sugar
- 80g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp dried baker's yeast
- 600g white or wholemeal spelt flour
FOR THE MIDDLE MIX
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup currants or raisins
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a standard, square baking cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To prepare the dough, add the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead the dough on your working surface for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough back to the bowl and leave it to rise for 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it out into a rectangular shape which should be 1cm thick.
- To prepare the MIDDLE MIX, combine the ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Brush the rolled out dough with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the MIDDLE MIX over the dough and press it down gently. Roll the dough into a log and cut it into 8-10 slices.
- Place the dough into the prepared tin, arranging the slices close together.
- Keep the dough in a warm place and allow to rise again for 30 minutes. Brush with a little maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. When done, remove and brush with lots of maple syrup. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Do you want to hear from some of the leading innovative minds in health and wellness? Tune into The Food Matters Podcast today.