Coconut, Chickpea & Cauliflower Curry
Needing a quick and warming meal to soothe the soul? A curry like this can be so simple to throw together in those times when you are craving something warm and only have random ingredients available. We challenge you to get creative and bring together a meal of flavors like that is nice and hearty!
The beauty is, you can swap ingredients for whatever you have and if you are feeling super lazy, why not throw it all in the crockpot, switch on for 4-6 hours and walk away! Imagine returning to the kitchen with a fragrant spice aroma and dinner ready for you? That's what foodie dreams are made off!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In a large fry-pan over medium heat, saute onion, ginger and garlic in coconut oil until onion is slightly browned.
- Add in cubed sweet potato and cauliflower along with ground garam masala and cumin. Stir, coating vegetables well in spices for 2-3 minutes or until spices become fragrant.
- Add red pepper, coconut milk and additional water or stock if required (start with 1/2 cup and gradually add).
- Simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables and soft enough to be poked with a fork. 5 minutes before serving, add chickpeas and stir to warm them.
- Serve with an extra dollop of coconut cream or coconut yogurt.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!