Creamy Ayurvedic Butternut Soup
Here is a beautiful, smooth, warming soup for those chilly winter days. We hope you will enjoy it!
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 butternut squash, cubed into squares (yields about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
Toppers: Serve with your favorite soup toppers! Here are some of our suggestions for this combination: cilantro, lime, or toasted gluten-free bread .
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Coat butternut squash in 3 tbsp coconut oil and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, add curry powder and dry toast for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil, then add onions, ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked butternut squash, turmeric, peanut butter, stock, and coconut milk to the saucepan, stir well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth purée. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
You’ve likely heard about detoxing, but what’s the science behind it? In our exclusive detox masterclass , you can discover all that you need to know - and so much more.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!