Creamy Cilantro Pasta Sauce Recipe
One of my family’s all-time favorite meals is pasta. I’ve made it my mission to come up with a super decadent sauce recipe that’s not only healthy, but easy to make and takes just a few minutes to prepare. The ingredient list is intentionally short, but there is absolutely no shortage of flavor. The vibrant earthy green freshness of the cilantro, coupled with the creaminess of the cashews makes for an indulgent meal that’s super satisfying, and you can feel really good about feeding to your family. This recipe is kid approved!
- 1 bunch cilantro, approximately 2 cups, stems removed
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- Juice of one lemon (about 3 Tbsp.)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 package of your favorite gluten-free pasta, or a pasta substitute (I used 12 oz./375 g Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Penne)
What to do
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile to a high-speed blender add cilantro, cashews, water, lemon juice, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Blend until liquefied, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let sit until pasta is done cooking .
- Drain pasta. In a serving dish pour desired amount of sauce over pasta noodles, stir. Allow pasta to rest for 5 to 10 minutes for sauce to thicken up.
*Any remaining sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It makes a great dip or sauce for veggies as well. My family loves the sauce so we use it all on the pasta, and the thick layer of sauce keeps any leftover pasta from drying out in the fridge.
What Does Your Family Love Eating The Most?
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.