Creamy Cinnamon & Apple Oatmeal
Oatmeal has always been a breakfast staple in our house. This recipe is rich and creamy, topped with caramelized cinnamon apples.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat)
- ½ cup gluten-free instant oats
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- In a small pan, heat the coconut oil and combine maple syrup, diced apples, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat, continuously stirring until the apples are caramelized. Remove from heat and place caramelized apples in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, over low-medium heat, add plant-based nut milk, oats, water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cook until creamy, stirring continuously.
- Serve creamy oats topped with caramelized apples and nuts.