Creamy Cinnamon & Apple Oatmeal
Oatmeal has always been a breakfast staple in our house. This recipe is rich and creamy, topped with caramelized cinnamon apples.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat)
- ½ cup gluten-free instant oats
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- In a small pan, heat the coconut oil and combine maple syrup, diced apples, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat, continuously stirring until the apples are caramelized. Remove from heat and place caramelized apples in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, over low-medium heat, add plant-based nut milk, oats, water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cook until creamy, stirring continuously.
- Serve creamy oats topped with caramelized apples and nuts.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!