Creamy Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms have the ability to help boost your immune system, providing you with numerous vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Their hearty, earthy flavors become the star in a soul-warming soup like this!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups of mixed mushrooms, depending on what is in season and available to you, chopped roughly
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 cup water or vegetable stock
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add thyme, coconut cream and stock, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth puree.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!