Decadent Desserts: Mint-Choc Chia Pudding
Chia Seeds are one versatile little seed! They are one of the world's oldest sources of nutrition dating back to the Aztecs and Mayans as early as 3500 BC. Rich in nutrients and so easy to use, they can be eaten raw, soaked, added to porridge, puddings, and baked goods. Want to learn more about this humble nutritional powerful?
Here's one of our favorite ways to use them in a healthy breakfast or decadent dessert!
- 1 cup coconut milk or nut milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped, 1/8 tsp peppermint extract or 1 drop pure peppermint oil
WHAT TO DO
- In a medium sized bowl, add all ingredients and whisk together.
- Divide between 2 small bowls or moulds as pictured.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, or for dessert, serve with some fresh berries and shredded coconut.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!